Did you apply for Disability benefits Orlando? Now what?
When are you able to collect your benefits? It can be stressful to wait for your benefits, especially if you have bills to pay, mouths to feed, and you just want to get on with things.
Here’s how Culbertson Law Group can help you with your Disability benefits Orlando.
Disability Benefits Orlando – The Process
To break it down simply. You make a claim, you wait to hear back from the Social Security Administration. You get a denial, you file a reconsideration, you wait some more. It can take time. Sometimes two months. Sometimes six months.
How can this process be made easier? With Social Security Disability benefits lawyers, like ourselves.
There’s a five-step process used by the SSA in order to determine if a claimant is disabled and therefore in need of disability benefits. This is a breakdown in simpler terms from a more elaborate case*
- Is the claimant engaged in substantial gainful activity
- Does the claimant have a severe impairment or combination of impairments
- Does the impairment meet or is it equal to the severity of the specified impairments in the listing of Impairments
- Based on a residual functional capacity (“RFC”) assessment, whether the claimant can perform any of his or her past relevant work despite the impairment
- Whether there are significant numbers of jobs in the national economy that the claimant can perform given the claimant’s RFC, age, education, and work experience.
If for any reason you are denied we can help.
What Culbertson Law Group Can Do For You
Since 1996, Culbertson Law Group, has been helping clients with their Social Security Disability benefits and Supplemental Security Income claims. We have helped countless people claim their benefits.
Let us help you with your Disability benefits Orlando claim. If you have any questions, please feel free to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us here for a free consultation.
*See Phillips v. Barnhart, 357 F.3d 1232, 1237-39 (11th Cir. 2004); 20 C.F.R. §§ 404.1520(a)(4)(i)-(v), 416.920(a)(4)(i)-(v).